At the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, members of the National Agency (on November 6) and workers of the Secretariat (on November 7) had an opportunity to exchange experiences in the field of higher education quality assurance with their Georgian colleagues.
During the meeting, Irine Darchia (DS Philosophy, Higher Education Reform Expert, Associate Professor at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University) and Lasha Margishvili (Head of the Accreditation Service at the National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement) discussed changes in the field of education over the last 14 years, liquidation of corruption, the significant reduction in number of higher education institutions, modernization of the educational system in Georgia, the reform of admission to higher education institutions, academic integrity, organisation of students’ education abroad, and the activities of the National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement in Georgia which is analogous to our National Agency.
The National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement is a key institution that enables the enhancement of education quality in educational institutions and is trusted on both a national and international level. Goals of the Centre:
- development of a results-based system of institutional and programmatic quality assurance;
- educational quality enhancement in education institutions through provision of consultations, trainings, and other events;
- skills development of teachers in accordance with the requirements of world standards in the labour market;
- promotion of life-long learning;
- promotion of European integration of higher education.
We are sincerely grateful to our Georgian colleagues for our fruitful collaboration, extremely topical information and answers to questions on reforms in the field of education. We also express gratitude to the National Erasmus + Offices of Georgia and Ukraine, and to the expert group HEReform for help in organising this meeting.